Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, December 22, 2008

Vacation Day #1

Monday, December 22nd, 2008

This morning our desired departure time was 8 am. Actual departure time... 9:30 am. Typical. :) The trip began with Dad driving the van (with Matthew and Andrew) and me driving the other car (with Mom and Amy). We were not even an hour down the road, and I was following dad when the biggest event of the day occurred. Anywhos the speed limit changed from 60 to 70. I was told (by both of my parents) to just follow dad and stay behind him.... so I did... we were going 65 in the left lane. Then I became aware of a police car behind me... but no worries, because I wasn't speeding. Well..... so I thought. Pretty soon the lights started flashing and he pulled up next to me and waved me over. I was positively scared out of my mind, wondering what in the world I had done wrong (since I was just following my dad and wasn't speeding). Basically he just asked to see my license and told me that I couldn't go that slow because it was dangerous. Ironic, hu? I got pulled for going too slow. Awesome story to tell the Grandparents!!! :)
I drove for 3 hours, forcing Mom and Amy to listen to adventures in Odyssey. Hahaha :)
The drive to Orlando lasted FOREVER... and traffic got really bad in the last hour (which seemed like a lifetime). Then we finally got to the hotel and it's weird... like there's a big bed and then there's this weird like fort thing... it's like a kid's section of the room or something... anyway in the "fort" there are 2 sets of bunkbeds... which are the most uncomfortable things on the face of the earth... I think rocks are more comfy. But anyway. Haha it would be totally awesome if I was like 5. But at least I fit on the bed (Amy and Matthew don't). :) :) :)
Eventually we met up with Grammy & Pop Pop and all the Graskies.... we went to eat supper at the little restaurant in the hotel (which took forever to get food... like an hour and 1/2 or something like that... but we DO have a party of 13...).
I am totally exhausted from going to bed at 12:30 last night, getting up at 6:20, driving for 3 hours (and getting pulled for going too slow, lol), riding in the car ALL day, and running off of coffee and Dr. Pepper and Coke. It's time to hit the brick... I mean err uhh bed.
Tomorrow we're going to The Holy Land Experience... I'm not exactly sure what to expect... but I know that without sleep and coffee, I will be nothing.

No comments: