Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 31, 2009



"Go where you're called and stay where you're sent."
-Major Ian Thomas,

founder of the Torchbearers Schools


This quote was used during my preacher's sermon this morning... and I though "Aahh! Brilliant!" It took me back to the reason why I decided to pursue the longer road of education... the Capernwray route. I know I'm not going to graduate in 4 years. And I know I'm probably going to go to graduate school after that. But when I decided "yes, I want to do Capernwray," it was because I felt like I was too comfortable. Life was headed for more predictability and I needed to get out of my comfort zone and have an adventure. What's ironic, is that although the notion interested me, it scared me to death. It still does. I am absolutely petrified of traveling to a foreign country all by myself. It's so frightening, it's riveting. See, for me it came down to a matter of comfort and faith.
Isaiah 41:9-10
"(9) I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. (10) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

The bottom line is this: I am absolutely scared out of my mind. I can't see how this is all going to work... I don't even know how it's going to be paid for. But I know I'm being called to do this. I have no doubt that I'm suppose to go to Caperwray next year, and I have complete faith that it will be provided for.
Why have I been called there? I don't know. What I DO know, however, is that I don't want to end up like Jonah, in the belly of a big fish or something. And I know that is not beyond God, because he's done big things to get my attention before.
I look forward to living in a castle, but that was not my motivation for "signing up," per se. But hey-- since I AM in a castle... I fully intend on pretending to be a princess on Valentine's day (in pink and everything) because really, I am. I remember my friend and I wrote a newsletter when we were about 14 and we called it "Daughters of the King." That's still true. I'm a daughter of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords... and I'm pretty sure that makes me a princess.

No comments: