Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2.

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
I've heard people say that each trial puts a little gem in your heavenly crown. Frankly though, I never gave much thought to this. I tend to think that this verse is not aimed towards me. "Blessed is Deborah who goes to Bible school even though that means letting go of a lot of things, and people... because if she gets through this she'll definitely get the crown in heaven."
I view it as more applicable to people in countries that are persecuted for their faith. Blessed are THEY who persevere! But... not me. My "troubles" aren't as big as what this verse is talking about... or are they?
One of the kids songs I learned in England went like this: "Nothing's too big, big, big for His power... nothing's too iddly widdly for his care-- He's the God of the big, the God of the little, the God of the stuff... somewhere in the middle. He's the king of moving mountains... and He loves you more than you could ever know... whoah-o-o!"
So then, does this verse apply to me, even with my little problems that I must persevere though? Are these trials? What's a trial?
These are the things I have pondered today.

No comments: