Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's hard to offer forgiveness to someone who doesn't even bother to appologize...
It's hard to try not to talk to someone who is determined to ignore your existance...
...but it's possible.
Sometimes all it takes is a good cry and you're able to move on.
Sometimes it's a whole week of crying.
Sometimes the feeling is so numb that you're not able to shed a tear for even months.
There are times when I wish I could go out on a pier... a LONG one. I love standing out there at night... the lights of the city behind you, and wide open water before you. There is no one to offer empty words of comfort... and no one that you must greet with a plastic smile.
I don't understand how people in my grandparents generation fell in love so fast, and stayed committed to their marriages. Were people more honest back then? Is it the emphasis on sex, individuality and personal goals of today? I don't get it.
All I can do is trust God. It's so easy to look back and see the ways he's worked. So don't bash me for seeking his face instead of a date for Friday night.

Meanwhile... I need a change. I'm thinking a haircut and some red.
We'll see.

No comments: