Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sick, sunburnt and sad.

Sick: because I take care of these little three and four year old dears that sneeze in my face, and like to be really close to me all the time. I especially like it when they come up to me and tell me (while spitting all over my face) that they are sick. Thanks, kiddos.
Sunburnt: because the sun was especially strong yesterday, and I was having extra fun so I forgot about the lacking of sunscreen. Whoops.
Sad: because I miss my friends. A couple of my dears came into work last night to say hi to me and it brightened my entire week. I miss being able to cross the hall and spill my heart to them. ALSO my Capernfriends. They were trying to set up a reunion, but the tickets are too much, and the timing is bad. Ever since I told them I can't make it (which was... yesterday...) I have spent probably an hour and 1/2 shopping for tickets anyway. Then I made a list of reasons to go (there was one) and a list of reasons to stay (there were eight). Darn you, logic!
So as I sit here with a scratchy throat, a huge cup of coffee, a box of tissues, missing my friends and counting down the days to my birthday (191 days), I ask myself why people think tans are so important, ask myself why in the world I am taking summer classes, and finish Gilmore Girls season 2 instead of writing a paper (which is not wise).

No comments: