Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, November 23, 2009

Why is the one thing you look for the ONE thing you can't find?

Moving on. Funny how you can’t when you want to… and then one day, you realize you have completely. It’s so easy to beat myself up about the past. I hate it so much… but then again, I learned so much. And I’m so glad it happened while I was surrounded by people that love me. I know one thing for sure; I’ll never be that stupid again.
Last week, one of our lecturers said
“When Satan reminds you of your past, you remind him of his future.”
I found that soo encouraging. Having that quite frankly awful experience has opened so many doors for conversations for me. For THAT I am thankful.
This I can say for sure; I’m so happy right now. God is working on me, I’m growing, and I have no inhibitions. I have my standards; I’m keepin’ them, and praying that God will teach me to forgive. Another thing I’ve learned… you might not realize that you haven’t forgiven someone until you start talking to God… he’ll let you know… believe me.
One of my favorite songs is called “Forgive Yourself” by Downhere. Go have a listen. It’s phenomenal.

you’ve tied a stone around your neck/ you’re drowning in a past regret/ forgive yourself, forgive yourself// anyone who bears a scar wants to forget it// forgive yourself, forgive yourself// nothing ever frees you more than just believing// you’ve been forgiven// come out of the prison

No comments: