Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

The most annoying question.

What is the most annoying question in the world? Well... I'll tell you.
...What if?
This question is the gateway of one kind of thinking; the pondering of possibilities. This can have a varying outcomes. However, there are two which are most common. 1) Being discontent with the current circumstances and 2) Becoming depressed.
I find that this question commonly occurs in the complicated realm of relationships. What if... I had said something? What if... they did like me after all? What if... I hadn't tripped and fallen on my face and forever engraved myself in their memory as a clumsy fool? What if, what if, what if...
Soon it becomes consuming. You sit around, pondering all the possibilities in the world and eventually create the ideal future for yourself. Does this help? Not a bit. It ends something like this... you have a perfect plan, and you feel like everyone should be executing it. And then, when they don't, it's like your entire universe has combusted. Your heart is shattered like a window in a cartoon... like a frozen pond when a bear jumps onto it. But no one knows. Everyone is oblivious because this world only exists in your head. Without realizing it, you have completely separated yourself from reality; unable to see things as they really are.
What if... we didn't ask that question... ever?
I suppose we'll never know the answer... will we?

No comments: