Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

So I gave it a new name... Stupid.

Almost two weeks ago, a volcano in Iceland erupted. How does this effect my life? I shall tell you.
This volcano sent a huge cloud of volcanic ash into the atmosphere and proceeded to blow it over Europe. It has shut down air travel and causes mass chaos in the airports, and amongst millions of travelers. Unfortunately, I am one of them.
I am supposed to leave on Saturday to go to Spring School in Austria.
"There is no end in sight to this problem."
"Who knows when flights will be able to begin."
"WE CAN'T CONTROL NATURE."
So I'm trapped... in the land of the free... and the home of the brave. The good ol' USA. I might be able to go to Austria late... but I've kind of lost hope.
What's the silver lining?
I can now go to the 5 weddings I was going to miss.
I can get another job.
I can do a summer class, possibly.
I'll be saving money.
Am I frustrated? OF COURSE. I have named the volcano "Stupid." I never-- in a million years-- thought that a VOLCANO could make me cry... but you know... weird things happen.
I guess we must deal with the things we choose and can control... and accept that which we cannot.
It's out of my hands.

No comments: