Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Discontent Dreams.

Last night, I had a dream. It was an extremely vivid dream... it felt like reality. I woke up , angry that it had to end.
Have you ever felt completely alone in a crowd? That's how I've been feeling the past couple days. I wish I could skype every single day. But they have lives. Besides, I keep telling myself, better to have a few meaningful conversations than a million shallow and simple ones. I keep telling myself that... but I'm not very good at convincing myself.
Living in the moment is something we can all learn from children. I often find myself living in the past, relishing the memories... or in the future, dreaming about the things to come. I should be doing neither.
Something random that I've noticed... this culture doesn't care if you're single or with someone... it doesn't define who you are. The only people that have asked me about my relationship status since I've been here... have been Americans.
My dream. All my friends came here, to Austria to see me. It was wonderful. I've missed their hugs, their laughter, their stubbornness, the adventures. But I woke up. Welcome back to reality. The morning has already been rough. I've sliced myself with my razor, burned my hand on a skillet, forgotten my towel outside in a torrential downpour... and we're just getting started. :)
I think I've watched a few too many chick flicks this week... ironically, all of them have involved the plot of the best friends getting together. Go figure. Stupid movies... because you know that DOES just happen in the movies!! (MG I'm not talking about you right now.)
It's not that I am totally discontent. I just miss people. The Alps looming outside my window are fantastic... but just to look at. Am I bummed? A lil' bit. But I know exactly why.
Thank you, Lord for this moment that you've given. Show me how to bring you glory with it... and to treasure it because it's from you.

No comments: