Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, July 5, 2010

Perhaps she'll wait.

I decided to put my music on shuffle and write about the first song that played...
well... the song was Pachelbel's Canon by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. It's with bagpipes. All I have to say about it... is that I just fell in love with it.... it's gorgeous... soo I'm choosing another song.



"Perhaps She'll Wait" by Bebo Norman


They say you cannot walk before you crawl
I wonder why, I wonder why
Because everybody dreams before they fall
A wonder world and then we lose it all


But I will dream of tomorrow
Where the past will not be in my way
Passion lives another day
And I will dream of tomorrow
Where perhaps she'll wait for me


And every single heart that I have held
In my hands, in my clumsy hands
I fumbled them around until they fell

It's much safer ground just keeping to myself


But I still dream of tomorrow
Where the past will not be in my way
Passion lives another day
And I still dream of tomorrow

Where perhaps she'll wait for me
And perhaps she'll wait for me


I love this song. I love Bebo Norman. But this song... talks about the future. Dreams. I feel like I'm about to dive into life. I don't know why, but I feel like it's been on hold so far... like I haven't actually begun living yet. That's ridiculous, because I've had more adventures this past year than some people have in their whole lives. Ok, slight exaggeration... but not really.
I feel, though, that as I'm "beginning real life," I'm putting my dreams on hold. Maybe they'll wait for me.
As for the verse about hearts... I understand why it's easier to keep to yourself. It seems the obvious solution to keep yourself from getting hurt, and from hurting others. I don't like hurt others... and I certainly do not like getting hurt. But, sometimes, isn't it unavoidable? Is it part of living?
The past will not get in the way of my future.
I can not live the future... for I can only live the present.
And my life has already begun... I'm in the middle of it. Do I like how it's turning out?

No comments: