Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, November 8, 2010

...but the LORD looks at the heart.

Sometimes I find it very hard to fall asleep. It's as if I'm not used to the silence, and suddenly, a million tiny noises are amplified. The steady drip of the sink... the humming of the air unit... the distant chatter and giggles of my hall mates... how noisy the springs in my bed are... and what seems to be an elephant on the floor below me?!?!
Even things that seem to be serene... may not be. I think of a frozen lake, and the things living beneath the ice. Or the night... as owls, coyotes, etc come out to feed. Lovely thoughts, hmm?
Maybe this is coming to mind because I've been reading and thinking about dreams. Sleep seems so serene... but how much of it is haunted by bad dreams? How many problems are we working through in our sleep?
Therefore, approach people with sensitivity. They may appear to be quite put together and serene. The problem is, openness is a two-way road. You can know as much as a person wants you to know. Therefore, don't assume that you know everything there is to know about them, unless they have told you. Do not belittle them because they have neglected to do a small assignment yet, or perhaps that they received a grade inferior to yours.
People are like ice burgs. You can only see the tip... you have no idea how much is underneath.

No comments: