Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monsters in various forms.

Sometimes... life just catches up with you. Right now I feel like there are 6 monsters chasing me. They are taking turns... but they are all beating me up.
These six monsters are my six classes. Currently, English is taking its turn beating up on my sore, bruised body. I keep waiting to become triumphant and for the moment when I will gather enough strength to ride up and defeat this relentless beasts; but so far, I have failed.
Thanksgiving break is coming. I can't picture it being restful... I have so much work to do! Christmas break will be quite insane as well.
I know that it's not possible for anyone to shoot down these beasts that seem to stalk me wherever I go... but I could use encouragement.
I've come to view the Winter Formal with a bit of disdain. It is such a sore, sensitive subject with so many people... because it has been argued about for weeks now. It's ridiculous. It has been so tainted in my mind that I'm not sure I would even enjoy it if I did go. That's sad. And, by the way I may have changed my stance on the guys asking girls. I DO care if they want to go or not... because we don't want to go with guys that are "fulfilling their duty" or gritting their teeth to take us. That's lame. That certainly doesn't make us feel good!
Girls are complicated... what can I say? I admit it whole-heartily.
Now, I must go attempt to slay a monster. Maybe the one that seems to be my school-work... maybe the one of jealousy that tends to rise out of me... or maybe the one that keeps whispering in my ear that it's time to give up.

No comments: