Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Purpose.

Eric Liddell. For those that attended Capernwray, you know how highly Rob regards him. For those that know my dad, they know how highly he regards him. For those that know both of these fantastic men (Rob and my dad); consider yourself both honored and blessed.

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

God did not make me fast... but I feel his pleasure when I do other things. I don't know why it's taken me so long to fully understand this, but everyone is totally different... especially when it comes to what makes them feel fulfilled.
I could run... but it would be a laborious chore that I would neither enjoy or excell in.
I could do a number of things, with good intentions... but what's the point...
if I'm not gifted...
not passionate...
... not fulfilled?
I find fulfillment in relating to people.
I find JOY and fulfillment in taking care of children.
Does this require the gift of great intellect and desire to be in school for 20 years? No.
It does, however, require many other gifts... such as patience, consistancy, compassion and foresight.
It's easy to belittle my gifts... but that's belittling what God has made... and I don't want to be in the business of doing that.
I feel like this is a common refrain of mine; it's a cycle that I may never stop repeating.

Belittling who I am -->
REALIZING THAT GOD MADE ME THIS WAY FOR A PURPOSE -->
Thanking him for the way he made me -->
Forgetting that my gifts are from him -->
REPEAT.

Sometimes I really hate being human... ya know?

No comments: