Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Philosophising... a few steps behind everyone else.

We don't have a perfect relationship with God. Is it because we don't know how, or is it because we can't?
At one point we did.
But now we can not.
Why?
We're fallen. (Stupid Adam & Eve... gosh.)

We can be in right-standing with God, when we ask him to forgive our sins and make us new, but we can't have a perfect relationship with him until we get to heaven.
Isn't that where our hope lies?

Summary of my Philosophy class, according to the thoughts I was too timid to vocalize.

This past week and 1/2 has been one of the most tumultuous, yet satisfying weeks. I've been resting in the arms of the Lord. I do so wish that he could really wrap his arms around me... that's why I'm so thankful for the people he's put in my life to love on me. I've experienced such freedom this week, relaxing and resting in him... studying his word, and reading some phenomenal books. My needs are met. My heart is glad. I feel him molding my heart. It hurts-- but that's expected. Surgery on our bones is not pleasant, and likewise neither is the Lord's surgery on our hearts. But my goodness how beautiful it is when he's finished!!! Lord, make my heart beat after yours! Continue to bathe me in your love, grace and mercy! Help me to show the love that you lavish upon me so generously to the girls on my hall, and everyone I meet.
I don't know what he's trying to teach me... but I know that it is drawing me closer to him... and all I can do is stand in his presence, struck with awe and wonder. Do I need to know much more than this?
At Capernwray, Hans Peter told us that we need to love GOD, love ourselves, and love others. I am always learning how to love the Lord, and I do believe he is teaching me how much he loves me. His mercies are new EVERY DAY!

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

-Lamentations 3:22-26

No comments: