Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pink Tulips.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding- in ALL your ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths."
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."
"So do not worry; you are worth more than many sparrows."

These are just three verses that the Lord keeps bringing to my mind. I am sad, but not completely aware of why. I finding it challenging to focus on the father and his overwhelming love for me. SO yesterday I spent the majority of my day doing (seemingly) nothing. It was an amazing day of fellowship with the Lord and I poured my heart out to him. My roommie wasn't here. So I talked to him out loud. I laughed, I cried, and sat staring at my coffee in silence. It's so liberating to know that I don't have to pretend to be anything I'm not, especially before my heavenly father. I got pink tulips. I said that they are from my heavenly father. It's easier to remember that I am in a divine romance with him when I have such a beautiful reminder sitting on my desk. I woke up and looked at them and smiled as I remembered my verse from Colossians... "holy and dearly loved." I am dearly loved by my heavenly father. It's often hard to remember this because I can not wrap my arms around him. But he gives good gifts... wonderful gifts. He will never deny me some quality time. He affirms me through the words of others. And my friends show me his love through the way that they serve me.
All that to say, I am confused. I'm human. But God loves me... and today I rest in that.

No comments: