Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My recent adult nature apears to be burdened by snow.

I must open my hands and offer my plans to God once more. I am so good at clenching my fists and hanging onto them. My flight to Chicago leaves on Thursday, Lord willing. We've had a snow storm that's shut the state down. It came down on Sunday night, and it's still here on Tuesday morning. Yesterday was a blasty blast! I spent almost 2 hours sledding, making snowballs and just loving the snow. I helped my mom plan my sister's 16th birthday party, and also a middle school girls retreat. I've been asked to help out with the middle school girls at my church, and I initially disregarded the request, but I've been seriously considering it.
I'm reading "The Picture of Dorian Grey" by Oscar Wilde right now, and I must say that I did not expect the theme of gay relationships to be so prominent and overbearing. It's a bit astounding. I thought that I may be reading into it (no pun intended), but after some research, I have discovered that I am perceiving it exactly as it was intended.
The job that I got in the mall as a seasonal hire has decided to keep me on permanently. I am quite excited, and this was also the week that I finally got more that 5 hours! I was scheduled for 9 1/2, but due to the snow the mall has been closed so I've worked 0. Go figure. OH WELL is all that I can say, right? :)
So today I suppose I shall do my laundry, begin to pack for Chicago, and read my strange book by Mr. Wilde. I must finish it, no matter how disturbed I now regard the author to be.

No comments: