Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Laundry


I was just sitting here thinking about Bible School last year and laughing to myself. Laundry days. Mmm. I remember the first time I did laundry at Capernwray. The laundry room was a hoppin' place of socializing. I remember being annoyed that there were boys in the room as I was loading the washer, and then enjoying their company immensely, as I began to poke my head out of my shell.
I miss having laundry parties with my roommates. On Saturday nights we would get digestives and sit in the laundry room watching The Office.
I don't miss having to hang up all my laundry- even after I dried it.
It's funny how I treasure those moments. Those of sitting by the warm dryers that never seemed to get quite warm enough to actually dry things. Lugging my laundry up to the castle from the Conference Hall. Burying my nose into my clothes that at least smelled clean. :)
I thank the Lord for these memories, and the simple moments that I had with such splendid people.

No comments: