Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Friday, February 4, 2011

Walking with the spirit under the umbrella of peace.

"Lord, please give me peace."
This has been my prayer... right up until chapel last Thursday. Our wonderful speaker pointed out to us that we HAVE peace, for Jesus is peace. We always have it... but why don't we always feel it? Peace comes from walking with the Spirit. When we don't walk with him, we feel the weight of the world. It's easy to feel restless, because the rest of the world feels restless. However, when we're walking arm in arm with the Spirit, we feel peace. He illustrated this with an umbrella. When we walk with the Spirit, we are under the umbrella of peace.

When we go through a storm, the Lord does not make it disappear... rather, he walks through it with us. That's such a beautiful picture to me; walking arm in arm with the Spirit under the umbrella of peace.
The way I've been praying has been transformed. "Lord, help me to walk in the Spirit today. Keep me close to you."
The Lord is gracious and compassionate. Slow to anger and rich in love. I've been caught in the deluge of his love and mercy. He picks me up whenever I fall. He's sent me people to walk with me, and never turns a deaf ear to me. "WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS, all our sins and griefs to bear; what a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!"
His timing is perfect. His gifts are good. His love is everlasting. His mercy never ceasing. His love ever healing.
Oh, praise Him.


No comments: