Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Comfy in my skin.

I have a tendency to care and think too much about what others think about me. I long for approval. I think that I have grown, especially in the last 2 years, to be more comfortable in my own skin, and be myself... but in many ways, I still find it a struggle. I find myself questioning whether or not my friends actually like me... if someone really means it when they tell me that they miss me... I think that part of the reason I am SO SO sensitive about what people say to me is because of the ways people have hurt and manipulated me with words in the past. I am commanded to forgive, but I am still learning how to learn from the past, without repeating the hurt of the past.

I wish I knew what some people were thinking, so that I didn't sit wondering, in agony. I wish that people were more trust-worthy. I praise the Lord for the people he has put into my life, and the patience that they have with me. I am a work in progress, and the more I focus on Christ and his perfection, the more my imperfections are blatantly obvious to me.

No comments: