Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Friday, June 17, 2011

In due time.

As the days grow closer to my week and 1/2 of being home alone, I am growing more excited. I am looking forward to cooking for myself (experimenting!), working, watching movies, sleeping, and being. I'm looking forward to going though everything in my closet, and creating new outfits. I know that I will be lonely... that happens. And yet, I look forward to it. A fleeting feeling of total Independence, the ability to call every shot. I shall have dominion over the washing machine! The coffee maker! The television! The sofa! The hot water in the shower! (Am I power hungry?)
Right now, I am reading the book "Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis. I find Lewis a powerful writer, although sometimes I find it nearly impossible to follow his train of thought. A couple weeks ago, I set some goals... I guess a bucket list in the making... but I am going to try to read every book by Jane Austen, and every book by C.S. Lewis.
I'm still shopping for plane tickets to go visit my best friends. I miss them so much.
Well... I've got a bunch of stuff I need to accomplish today. Namely, finish "Screwtape Letters", finish my Theology1 reading questions, and clean my room... then I'm working at 5pm.


"Just Makin' Tea for Two..."

No comments: