Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Job is proof.

The trials that Satan put Job through

not only

strengthened Job’s faith,

but

set an example of perseverance for all believers.


I wrote a research paper on the most apparent and direct work of Satan in the Bible, specifically in the Garden of Eden, the life of Job, and the ministries and lives of Jesus & Paul. As I researched and reflected on the book and life of Job, I realized how the Lord truly works everything together for good. He used Job's life as an example for all believers. Would I respond the same way that Job did? How I long to hear the words "WELL DONE, good and FAITHFUL servant" on the blessed day that I stand in the presence of God. The concept of perseverance has come up multiple times this summer, as I've strained through classes, and a daily schedule of working three jobs. I am weak and weary. I am tempted to give up, to say things that I shouldn't. The LORD is faithful. He is gracious, compassionate, abounding in loving kindness, slow to anger, steadfast, ever lasting, and I could sing of His love forever.


“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.

And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments: