Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Friday, October 14, 2011

I pity the fool...

... that tries to mess with my (future) daughter.



To put this all in context, I was talking with one of my friends about having kids one day... and the challenges we'll face as parents. I've been studying issues teenagers struggle with (anorexia, depression, anger, teen pregnancy, ect) and I said "I pity the fool that tries to mess with my daughter!" I already think about the kids I hope to have, and pray for them. One day!!! The Lord is so good to me. I am learning to enjoy each day with him.
Today in Elisabeth Elliot's book, I read "My heart was saying 'Lord, take away this longing or give me that for which I long.' The Lord was answering 'I must teach you to long for something better.'" I feel like that's what he's teaching me. He's not taking away the desire that I have, but instead he's teaching me to strive for HIMSELF instead. I can't go a day without submitting my desires to him... it's too stressful to carry them myself.

No comments: