Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sick of ME.

I have officially reached the end of my rope with ME. I want a vacation... from myself... I want to stop getting stuck in the same circular thinking... I want to pursue Christ with every atom of my being... I want to avoid distractions. I want to stop pursuing my own plans because God's are "taking too long," and I want to trust His perfect timing. I know this feeling is temporary, and it is a moment of weakness and frustration. I know that the Lord is faithful, because He hasn't failed me yet. I praise the Lord for bringing me as far as He has, and believe that He will carry me where He wants me to be.

As I wait, I view my role much like Elisabeth Elliot's... "Jim's seeing his duty to protect me, and I seeing it mine to wait quietly, not to attempt to woo or entice.

I am currently treasuring the book "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot. WHAT A W.O.G. (woman of God)!!!!! It is my inclination to hold onto my desires, hopes and dreams, but my longing to release them and offer them to God.

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you"

It's time to spend some serious time in prayer, journaling and reading the wisdom of WOGS before me.

No comments: