Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Adventures!!!


Today the Crutchfield family (minus Matthew) embarked on an adventure... we drove to Ridgeville, SC to go to the "Festival of Imperial Rome Army Encampment." I think we went because my sister could get extra credit for History... pshhh not like the smarty pants needs it!!! It was only suppose to be like an hour and a half away, but we kinda got lost so it took a little longer. (Mom missed the exit!!!) The ride there was pretty funny because it took FOREVER and we got pretty goofy, but the funniest thing about the way there was that yard I saw.... they had 2 signs in their front yard: one said "KEEP OUT" and the other said "Jesus Saves"... it really hit my funny-bone!!! And we were in the middle of absolutely nowhere... so yeah. And Amy and Dad were reciting things in Latin... singing songs and stuff... I understood like 2 words!!! Half the fun of going somewhere is the process of getting there.... if that even makes sense...

1 2 3

1) Andrew occupying himself in the car 2) driving!!! 3) in complete disbelief that mom missed the exit


Anyway so when we did finally get there, we saw some re-enactments of the soldier dudes getting paid, and them marching in their little formation yelling in Latin and stuff, and heard about their weapons and all that jazz. And actually, it was pretty fun! I wasn't forced to go against my will or anything, and I had the camera... which entertained me... and I had my sister.... so it was all good.

1 2
3
4 5
1) me in the Roman camp... 2) me with a really heavy helmet on!!! 3) the Roman re-enacting guys 4) umm killing mom... 5) Andrew killing dad...

Then we found the river... the Edisto river, to be exact. It was beautiful and I took waaayyy too many pictures, hahahaha!!! So we took a path by the river and then went up a bazillion stairs, and ended up at the Ranger's houses or whatever... so we turned around and wandered back to the river. Oh and I found this semi-hollow tree and thought it was cool. :)

1 2

3 4

1) My tree!! 2) The river... 3) Andrew, me and Amy by the river 4) the river... my favorite picture!


Finally we started to go home... and naturally, it took forever. Then we picked up Matt and we all went to go eat at a family favorite, Monterrey's!!!

A fun filled Saturday. :) EXCEPT for the fact that I gashed my finger open and I don't know how or where I managed to do that!!! Haha it kinda hurts!!

Tomorrow is Sunday. YAY! I'm singing in the morning-- which I decided I'm excited about, and Mary Grace is coming home with me-- and it's gonna be crazy awesome fun, and then we have worship team practice and small group! And somewhere amidst all this I have to do homework. :P Blah. No me gusta!

When we were riding home, we were listening to one of my all-time favorite groups, Downhere... their lyrics are amazing, but this song imparticular stood out to me tonight.

Surrender by Downhere

I'm in a constant freefall/ When I'm following You/ Can't see the next step's footing/ But I know that You do/ And life is all just a bunch of work/ Nothing more than a climbing fall/

Till I surrender, surrender, surrender/ All these things to You/ All my life to You, to You

I was a meteor burning/ With a need for Your rescue/ And it's the safest kind of falling/ Now that I'm falling into You/ And it's true I still don't have control/ 'Cause You've got it all along

So I surrender, surrender, surrender/ All these things to You/ All my life to You/ All my dreams to You/ I keep falling in surrender

I end where You begin/ A constant realign/ Beneath Your love divine/ In this fall without a bottom/ The deeper my surrender/ The higher we will rise

Surrender/ All these things to You/ All my life to You/ Surrender, surrender, surrender/ All these things to You/ All my life to You/ All my dreams to You/ I keep falling in surrender to You

!Buenos Noches!

No comments: