Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Reading.

An ideal day. Everyone has a different opinion about exactly what that is. For some, it's a day to spend time with friends. Or go shopping. Or sleep (which, I often think would be the PERFECT day!!!). My picture of a perfect day changes. I'm usually a social butterfly, but I've realized that sometimes I just looove some alone time.

I love the kind of days when I get to sleep in and just kinda be. Rainy days with a good book, a comfy chair, and a cup of coffee are my favorites. Especially when I don't have something else I should be doing... or somewhere else I should be... I just get to sit there and escape into an alternate dimension and chill out for a little while.

One of the fun things about those kind of days is choosing which world to escape into.... Narnia, Historical fiction, a tale of Vampires and Werewolves.... there is virtually no limit to the places of escape. You can chose to escape to somewhere you have been many times (like Narnia, for me), or pick somewhere new that you've never been before.

A book you've read several times is kind of like an old friend... the kind of friend that no matter how long you've been away from them, the second you're with them again it's like you were never separated. Of course it's also possible that I'm just a book worm and I love books wayy too much and I am completely alone here. But ya know... I would be ok with that.

Naming a single favorite book is pretty much impossible. And choosing a favorite character is even more absurd. How could you possible chose between the majestic Aslan, or the bizarre Jekyll and Hyde, or adventurous Pippi Longstocking or the loyal Samwise Gamgee?

Yes I know I'm a weirdy. I could talk about books and my favorite characters and why I love them for hours..... especially if we're talking about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because I've read it so many times I lost count. Don't get me started on the movie because I thought it was lame in comparrison and I hated it for a long time. I mean the stupid waterfall scene? What in the world??? Hmm I know I have to remember that they have creative license and all that... but geshh.

No comments: