Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Friday, November 28, 2008

When You Can't Sleep...

There are times when I can't sleep.... and it's the most annoying thing ever. I know I need sleep, because every ache in my body and the woozy feeling in my head tells me so, but concentrate as I do, it makes no difference. I continue to lay in agony in the deafening silence of the night... watching the minutes tick by on the clock completely incapable of dozing off.
Then there are other times.... when I suddenly wake up in the night and I'm alive. I know logically I haven't gotten enough sleep, but I don't feel like I need to be asleep anymore. It's as if I have mentally sprung to life and my body is forced to follow. I don't mind this too much unless I am fighting to fall back into the slumber I've snapped out of...
However, it always feels the same. The middle of the night is peaceful to some.... the silence because everyone has finally gone away on their own to catch a couple hours of sleep to have enough energy.... for me, it's lonely. I am not a night person, so it's not like I can use the hours of silence to think my deep thoughts (except for once in a blue moon)... there's no one to laugh with.... and it seems like making a sound would be breaking a rule... ruining the perfect silence...
No. I am a morning person. I love watching the sunrise... hearing the birds begin to sing their songs... their beautiful songs that are like an ode to the amazing one who created them. The night seems to mask the beauty of God's creation with darkness.... but I guess that's just because I can see so little. Hmmm I guess that's how most of life is... it's all darkness to me without Him. I can't see a thing without his help.



"The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?" --> Psalm 27:1




No comments: