Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 6, 2009

It doesn't matter! It's in the past!

I can’t believe it’s only 12 days until Christmas break… that’s just crazy talk. I can’t believe how much I’ve grown since being here… it’s phenomenal.
I was thinking about The Lion King the other day, particularly Rafiki. Remember the part where Rafiki whacks Simba on the head and he says “It doesn’t matter! It’s in the past!” and Simba says “Yeah, well it still hurts…” ? Well… I agree. I feel like I’ve reached a new point… where I’ve forgiven myself for the past, but I was angry because it still hurts. But… that’s ok. I can’t dwell there (I don’t know why I would want to…), because it’s gone. It’s in the past. I don’t need anyone to hit me with a stick to know that it’s going to hurt.
Forgiving. Harder than it sounds. But oh, the freedom it brings. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting. Forgiving doesn’t mean forgetting.

No comments: