Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The abnormal is... normal?

So I'm sitting here at my kitchen table, sipping my coffee... trying to figure out why it doesn't feel normal. I'm home, for Pete's sake, and it's the weirdest feeling in the world.
And then it dawned on me... being away from home has become normal. The unknown, the undiscovered, the pure adventure of it all... has become normal.
Being in a place I know... has become strange. Mostly because I still know the place, but the people have been completely changed. Unexpected? Yes. Normal? No.
I have become comfortable with not understanding a lick of the language being spoken to me.
I have become comfortable with airports.
I have become comfortable with so many things... but not the one place I've always considered comfortable.
It's a strange sensation... and if you have not felt it, I'm probably just a big crazy to you.

No comments: