Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

Fickle... what a pickle.

I walked outside. The crisp mountain air greeted me. Streams of sunlight escaped from the clouds. I was delighted to see them. The dark rain cloud in the distance did not block my view of the majestic Alps. My breath was taken away. God is even greater than these mountains.
As I carried the giant can full of cold water around to the thirsty flowers, I couldn't help but grow sad that I would soon be leaving. Suddenly, I was full of desire to stay... but I felt a tug on my heart... I knew it was time.

As I spend the last week here, I am not wanting to leave... I am wanting to stay forever... but I know I can't. I have to leave. So, I want to enjoy every moment. And since I decided that this morning as I watered the flowers, it has been a very frustrating day. The girls have gotten on my nerves, and there is a very stressed out air in the house. Suddenly, I can not wait to go home.

Feelings are fickle. Can we listen to them? How much weight should they carry in our lives? Some feelings are consistent. I will always hate eels and snakes. But others change like the weather in Austria. ;)

No comments: