Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thirsty flowers.

One of my chores here as a nanny, is watering the flowers. I've over-watered flowers, and I've completely missed some... resulting in their slow, whithering death.
Every day, the flowers are thirsty. It's as if they've been waiting anxiously for me to come with the watering can, as they drink up the water and begin to perk up. Too much, and they are overwhelmed. They begin to swim in the excess. Too little and they still begin to fade.
People are like flowers. They need attention. Not too much... or they are overwhlemed. Too little- more commonly known as neglect- can be disasterous. Like everything in life; there needs to balance. We can all be gardeners. We need to be careful to water those we love with encouragement, love and attention.
I am currently a flower in need of some water.
How about you?

No comments: