Visit my photography blog at
www.picturethis-deborah.blogspot.com

Monday, September 27, 2010

Inklings.

I went to a C.S. Lewis book club tonight called "Inklings." I was the youngest person by about 7 years. SO COOL. We're reading "The Four Loves." Love. Something I totally fail to understand.
I'm catching glimpses of what God is trying to teach me... but a lot of things that have happened recently have left me mystified and irritated.

A passage from "The Four Loves" (C.S. Lewis):
"St. John's saying that God is love has long been balanced in my mind against the remark of a modern author (M. Denis de Rougemont) that 'love ceases to be a demon only when he ceases to be a god'; which of course can be re-stated in the form '[love] begins to be a demon the moment when he begins to be a god.'"

No comments: